Jennifer Congdon, Esq.
Jennifer has always had a passion for helping others, even at a young age. Being a lawyer has always been her dream. During law school, Jennifer worked for the First Judicial District Public Defender’s Office in Dakota County. This experience reinforced her passion of helping people navigate through the criminal justice system. Jennifer has been a fierce advocate for clients facing charges that range from misdemeanor driver’s license violations to felony drug and assault cases. Jennifer always takes the time to help explain the criminal system and their rights and options. Clients appreciate Jennifer’s personalized guidance and her dedication. She is fluent in Spanish.
- Minnesota Supreme Court, 2010
- Wisconsin, 2011
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2012
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. cum laude – 2010
- University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- B.A. – 2007
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Spanish and Political Science
Honors and Awards:
- Minnesota Evans Scholar, Fraternities
- Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyer from The National Trial Lawyers, 2013 – 2015
- Top 100 Minnesota Trial Lawyers from The National Trial Lawyers, 2013 – 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2010 – Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2010 – Present
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Member, 2010 – Present
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 2010 – Present
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member, 2013 – Present
- Ramsey County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions:
- First Judicial District Public Defender’s Office, Assistant Public Defender, 2009 – 2010
- Legal Aid Society of Minneapolis, Law Clerk, 2009
Pro Bono Activities:
- Immigrant Law Center, 2010 – 2013
- Hennepin County Defense Panel
"What a nice lady! She did a great job of laying out all the facts and helping through my whole traffic court ordeal. She was very kind and helpful. I would recommend her to anyone."
"Ms. Jennifer Congdon handled my complicated cases professionally. She is a very competent and kind lawyer. I think that fees are very reasonable. I highly recommend this lawyer to anyone."
"Ms. Congdon is a top-notch attorney in all aspects. She has demonstrated her success by winning many trials, negotiating deals where mandatory prison time was avoided, and helping her clients piece back their life together after being accused of a serious crime. I highly recommend Ms. Congdon as a diligent, competent, and ethical attorney."
"Jennifer Congdon is well respected by judges, attorneys, court staff and professional colleagues. She has earned an excellent reputation as a smart, well-prepared and effective attorney. I would gladly refer to Jennifer with confidence that she would do an outstanding job."